Whether you’ve just realized that your kitty is missing, there are plenty of ways to go about finding your pet. So, here we will share about where and how to find a lost cat?
If you are looking for a lost cat, the first thing you should do is make sure that your cat isn’t hiding in an obvious spot- under a bed, in a closet, etc. Cats will often go to the most familiar and safest spot possible when they feel threatened. If your cat is not there and you can’t find it in your home or yard, the next step would be to check with your neighbors and see if they have seen it.
The best thing you can do if you think that somebody has taken your pet is to contact the police immediately. Report it to the animal control agency or animal shelter that serves your area too. This will help them allocate time and resources towards finding your kitten instead of just waiting for people to bring them in on their own.
How a Cat Can be Missing and Lost
A cat can be lost for many reasons, especially if it has a habit of wandering away. Cats can lose their way to the house or get lost in an unfamiliar neighborhood. If the cat is domesticated, it may not be able to find its way home due to its unfamiliarity with the area.
The Step How To Find A Lost Cat
These tips are for people who have lost their cat and want to find it.
- Try searching first. When the cat is missing, try looking in the last place you saw them and search all your rooms and outbuildings. Check your garden sheds, garages and any other small crevices or spaces you may need to get into.
- To help locate your cat, you should try calling its name in all the places it has been or might be.
- We implore you to ask your neighbors whether they have seen your cat, as you should also inspect their property, sheds, and garages for the cat.
- To find your lost cat, check your cat’s microchip log. If they have one, the location of the chip will be logged in that log.
- You can try and entice them back by shaking the bag of their favorite biscuits.
- Put food out in a new area, on countertops, on balconies, and even on roofs. Cats sometimes get stuck in odd places and this will help to draw them back towards the house.
- Did you know any of your cat favorite toys? Perhaps you could place it in your garden?
- Whenever you are out looking for your lost cat, make sure that you have a good photo of it with you, so that if somebody is able to help identify it, they can take a look and see if they have seen the cat in the area.
- Write a note or print a poster containing a photo of your lost cat, and put it up in key spots or leave copies at your local animal shelter or vet’s office. Remember to include the animal’s name, breed, color, and unique markings.
- Post your missing cat information on local social media groups like Facebook and Instagram. You can also send a message to your friends or a local chat group in WhatsApp or Telegram.
7 Tips On How To Prevent Cat From Going Missing In The First Place
Cats are loyal and adorable pets. But when they do go missing, it can be hard to find them again. Here are seven tips on how you can prevent your cat from going missing in the first place.
1) Provide enough space for your cat to roam.
2) Keep the litter box clean.
3) Keep your cat inside or in a confined space.
4) Keep your cat’s collar on with an ID tag and microchip.
5) Find out if there is a stray cat problem in your neighborhood and keep your pets indoors at night or close to the house.
6) Make sure that there is no way for them to escape through any unsecured windows or doors.
Cats are no doubt one of the best pets in the world. They’re cuddly, adorable, and generally just make life better. But, they can get out of the house, get lost, or even worse – stolen. To avoid this from happening to your feline friend, make sure you are taking care of it by providing it with food, water, and shelter.
Our Best Articles : The Ultimate Guide to Cat Health and Wellness: Complete Cat Guide